|Dr Sun Yat-sen Museum |
| Map || |
| Opening Hours || |
| Monday to Wednesday, Friday || 10am - 6pm |
| Saturday, Sunday and public holidays || 10am - 7pm |
| Christmas Eve and Chinese New Year's Eve || 10am - 5pm |
Closed on Thursdays (except public holidays, the anniversaries of Dr Sun's birth on 12 November and death on 12 March), and the first two days of the Chinese New year
(The Box Office will be closed 30 minutes before the Museum closes.)
| Address || |
7 Castle Road, Mid-Levels, Central, Hong Kong
| Transportation || |
By Walking : use the Mid-Levels Escalator from Central to Caine Road, and walk westwards along the pavement for around 5 minutes.
From Central / Wan Chai to Caine Road: Alight at the vicinity of the Hong Kong Baptist Church at Caine Road (i.e. the stop following the one at the Caritas Centre) and walk westwards along the pavement for around 2 minutes.
By Bus: 3B, 12, 12M, 13, 23, 23A, 23B, 40, 40M, 103
By Green Mini-bus: 8, 10, 10X, 11, 22, 28, 31
From Pok Fu Lam to Caine Road: Alight at the vicinity of Albron Court at Caine Road, walk eastwards along the pavement for around 2 minutes, and then cross the road.
By Bus: 40M, 103
By Green Mini-bus : 8, 10, 10X, 11, 22, 28, 31
| Admission || |
The permanent exhibitions are opened to all free of charge.
Different admission fees may apply to certain special exhibitions. Please click here for details of special exhibitions and ticketing arrangement.
Museum Pass : See benefits, terms and conditions
| Group Visit || |
Schools, registered charitable organisations and registered non-profit-making organisations making a group visit with a minimum of 20 people can apply in writing for waiver of admission charges of the special exhibitions. Applications should be made from 2 weeks to 3 months before the date of visit. Please call 3580 6780 during office hours for reservation first, and then submit the duly completed application form together with copies of relevant documents to the Dr Sun Yat-sen Museum by mail (please mark "Application for Group Visit" on the envelop) or fax (3580 0498) within one week after the telephone reservation. Otherwise, the reservation will be cancelled. All applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
The Waiver of Admission Charges application form can be downloaded here.
Telephone reservation & enquiry: 3580 6780
| Ticketing Rules || |
• Free admission for children below 4 years old accompanied by an adult with ticket.
• Concessionary tickets# are applicable to full-time students, people with disabilities and senior citizens aged 60 or above (patrons may need to provide identity proof upon request by the museum staff before admission).
• Group tickets are applicable to every purchase of 20 standard tickets or more.
• Special opening hours and different admission fees may apply to certain special exhibitions.
• Credit cards and cheques will not be accepted for payment.
• The Museum reserves the right to set the ticket price for special exhibitions.
• Please also read the rules and conditions printed at the back of the tickets/passes for admission.
| Audio Guide || |
The audio guide service provides commentaries on highlight exhibits of the permanent exhibitions for users to enjoy at their own pace.
Languages : Cantonese / English / Putonghua
Rental charge: HK$10
For enquiries and rental, please proceed to the Audio Guide Service Counter at Upper Ground Floor of the Museum.
| Guided tour || |
Public Guided Tours
Each tour lasts for about 1 hour and admits 20 persons on a first come, first served basis.
(1) Guided Tours for Exhibitions
• Cantonese: 11:30 am & 2:30 pm on every Sunday
• English : 3:30 pm on every Saturday
• Putonghua : 2:00 pm on every Saturday
(2) Exploring Tour of Kom Tong Hall - 4:00 pm on the last Sunday of each month
| Notes for Disabled Visitors || |
Dr. Sun Yat-sen Museum is fully accessible with lift to all levels.
Enquiry: 3580 6780
| Interactive Facilities for Children || |
Apart from the permanent and special exhibition galleries, the Museum also offers a reading room, video rooms, an interactive room and activity room. Children can review the life and career of Dr. Sun interactively through various multimedia games.
| Contact Us || |
Tel : (852) 2367 6373
Fax : (852) 3580 0498
Group booking: (852) 3580 6780
Email : email@example.com
website : http://hk.drsunyatsen.museum